Sunday, December 5, 2010

A little history of Forever Bougeotte

In my search to find a blog name that would describe me in three words or less, I seemed only to find discouragement.  I started with things that interest me; owls, tigers, France, the color black, and tried combining them.   



My First was Le Chat Noir which means ‘The Black Cat’.  It, of course, turned out to be a cabaret theatre in New Orleans as well as a restaurant in D.C.  That was out.   

Next was Abeille Noir, or ‘The Black Bee’.  You can imagine my shock when I discovered this is a position in the Kama Sutra.  I obviously opted not to use this one- don’t want to be advertising the wrong content!  This is a perfect example of the importance of research.



  Third on the list was Le Poisson Rouge, meaning ‘The Red Fish’.  I don’t have an especially strong love of fish or the color red, but I love how the words sound when pronounced.  However, this title is already owned by a venue in New York, they have done an excellent job with their logo, I might add.  

 After all that discouragement, I decided to consider what my blog will really be about… a journey of the unknown, a compilation of adventures in creativity, tales of wanderlust.  And so Forever Bougeotte was born.  Bougeotte meaning; wanderlust, itchy feet, a desire to see the world- in French of course (I had to get a bit of my European soul in there somewhere!)

To hear how Bougeotte is pronounced (boo-zhwot) click here 

No comments:

Post a Comment