Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hollywood Tower

Once a bustling residence that housed film luminaries such as Marilyn Monroe, Humphrey Bogart & Charlie Chaplin, the Hollywood Tower is now a stunning apartment building and one of my favorite landmarks in Los Angeles. 

Why? The phenomenal design of course!  This building has some of the most gorgeous design & style I have seen (I am a little biased because the inspiration is Hollywood’s Golden Age- my favorite era).  However, anyone can appreciate this gorgeous space.  













The colors are just right, all those rich plums, bright greens and blues, along with luxurious gold and white accents. & I love the whimsical design of the roof top terrace (did you notice the life size chess board!)


Originally built in 1929, the French-Norman architecture embodies glamour, romance, mystery & fine craftsmanship.  Everything I adore!


3 comments:

  1. I love the Hollywood Tower! I was working for a month last year in Hollywood and would pass it on my way to work every day. Its such an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the wall showing the heels! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome dance photos. My friend, Jamie posed for some of the ballet shots!

    http://www.peddecordphoto.com/

    ReplyDelete